Thursday 8 May 2008

Can all developers juggle

Is there a direct correlation between being a software engineer and the ability to juggle?

The reason why I ask is that we were giving away juggling balls at JavaOne2008 and I'm amazed at how many people at JavaOne can juggle, the best I saw was 6 balls. What I really want to know is if there is a correlation with how good a software engineer is and their ability to juggle. I'm not going to do a survey on this but if someone discovers the answer and it happens to be yes then all interviews I do in future will require:
  1. Presentation
  2. Interview
  3. Juggling exercise
---Update--- just to make Jim happy the original discussion was started by Jim, I just embellished it.

4 comments:

jim said...

What an interesting idea. How clever of you to think if it.

Gary Thompson said...

Oooo a bit touchy...don't talk out loud about it next time.

Unknown said...

I can manage 8 although I better with two first thing in the morning.

Anonymous said...

I can do 3... i could do 4 in late 90's, looks like i grew older and my reflexes did too!