Sunday 8 March 2009

Protectionism Leads to Conflict

I recently subscribed to Executive Advisory and the most important entry on any blog I have read recently is on the subject of protectionism within the organisation.

http://eapblog.burtongroup.com/executive_advisory_progra/2009/03/protectionism-leads-to-conflict.html

As far as I am concerned it is everyone’s responsibility (politicians, executives, staff etc) to identify when protectionism is impacting the chances of success, effort should be focused more upon working collaboratively so that everyone gains.

If you type “protectionism” or “psychology protectionism” into Google or any other search engine you will see there are numerous articles in favour or against protectionism. So I guess everyone has a choice to make.

For me right now I am against protectionism, I see it as damaging for both organisations, relationships, and economies.

1 comment:

chris howard said...

Thanks for reading the Executive Advisory blog. I'm glad you found value in my "protectionism" post. It is a big problem for most organisations, exacerbated by the current economic climate.