Tuesday 18 March 2008

How to setup a HP C4380 with an Orange Livebox

In my previous entry I mentioned my experience printers and setting up a HP C4380 with an Orange Livebox.

The one thing you need to make sure you do is press the number "1" button above the USB port. This enables the discovery mode of the Livebox which adds the printer to the MAC address list. By default the Livebox stores registered equipments MAC address and so printers or laptops etc cannot connect without an entry in the MAC address list.

So if you setup the printer using the HP software, it will say that the installation was successfully but may not allow you to print. I resolved this by pressing the "1" button on the Livebox, turned off the C4380 and turned it back on and I could then print wirelessly as the printer could then get a IP address.

No comments: